Sunday 20 January 2008

The weather in the UK has been dreadful, for the last 5 days it has rained continually, it's been that horriable fine drizzly rain and it's been very windy with it. Please can we have some dry weather, I don't care if it's cold, my poor children are like caged animals. Any one who has children, particulary boys will understand this. I have said in the past mainly about my middle son that they are like dogs ( not that I am referring my children to animals) in the fact that they need to be exercised outside at least once a day. If they have been out for fresh air and have had a kick around with the football, bounced on the trampoline or ridden their bikes or scooters they are like angels, when they are cooped up for days on end in the house, they argue and act like stroppy teenagers even though they are all far off becoming one!! Fingers crossed this weeks weather will be so much nicer.
I thought being as I'm new to this that I would share some of my favourite things with you so you get to know a bit more about me. I'm going to do Top 5 of diffrent places, music etc.
Top 5 Favourite Places
New York ( obvious )
Cardiff ( where I live, will post some pics of it when I eventually take some photos, it's a really cosmopolitan city, everything you can think of is here, great musuems, historic buildings, great shopping, fantastic waterfront, Millenium Stadium which holds around 76,000 people and is used for Rugby and Football games and is a fantastic music venue, this is where I saw Take That. Millenium Centre this is a fairly new amazing looking building which looks a bit like an Armadillo, it's a concert venue covering musicals, plays, operas etc. Fab selection of restaraunts, bars and cafes, the list goes on and on....
Italy ( anywhere will do )
Cotswolds ( it only takes around an hour and a half from Cardiff to visit some of the most beautiful villages in the UK)
Tenby ( this is a small sweet seaside town in Pembrokshire, Wales, it has gorgeous beaches, a lovely harbour where the houses and buildings are painted in ice cream colours, lots for children to do around the area and some lovely shops, myself and hubbie think we might end up living here once the boys are grown up ).

Top 5 Movies
Serendipity
The Holiday
Father of the Bride ( 1 and 2, counts as one to me )
Somethings Gotta Give
Braveheart ( not a chick flick at all but makes me bawl every time, especially at the end!! )

Top 5 Artists/Bands ( these change quite a bit but this is what I'm listening to at momement.
Take That ( always have been, always will be, how gorgeous are all four of them now)
Stereophonics
Mika
Newton Faulkner
Gwen Stefani
I have very eclectic music taste!!!

Top 5 Home Essentials ( apart from family)
Emma Bridgewater pottery
Candles
Cushions
Photo's
Hearts

Top 5 Bath and Beauty Essentials ( hard to add just 5 )
Concealer
Mascara
Lip gloss
Body scrub ( both from
Shower gel ( soap and glory range, I just love it ).

Thats all i can think of for now plus I don't want you all falling asleep.....





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just dropped in to say thank you for the comment on my blog. It's good to know there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Isn't The Holiday just fab? Love it.

Kathy said...

Mmm, a magazineaholic too! I love finding out about (new to me) blogs, I am going to settle down and read it now!! Thank you so much for your kind words you left on my blog.x

Kathy said...

4 boys!! Wow, I have 2 (8 and 10) As you probably have gathered I have just read your blog!! Love the spiderman!

bethy said...

sorry if you asked about the paper girls and i missed it the first time. they are at a local store here only during christmas time. the man hand makes them by color copying the girl and then "dressing" her. he needs an on-line business don't you think? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails